In the first half of 2019
- Spotify was estimated to have a 36% market share of the then 305 million total streaming service subscriptions globally.
- Apple at 18% comes in second
- followed by Amazon at 13%
- And China-specific Tencent Music at 10%
- Various other smaller services feature, including Deezer on 3% and US-specific Pandora on 2%
- YouTube was presumably folded into ‘others’
Crossover Listening: Interestingly, 44% of Apple Music listeners also used Spotify, alongside 32% of Amazon Music listeners and 55% of Deezer users.